If you would like to discover the itinerary that is considered the first pilgrimage to Compostela, we invite you to follow the “Traslatio” route to Mar de Santiago. Our boats will take you on an interesting trip, going through the area that was crossed by the Apostle’s remains when they were taken to Santiago, leading to the construction of the Cathedral, which is now the meeting point of the different Camino routes.
- Saturday 6, departure at 9.10 am, operated by Amare Turismo Náutico
- Sunday 7, departure at 9.10 am, operated by Amare Turismo Náutico
- Monday 8, departure at 9.40 am, operated by Amare Turismo Náutico
- Thursday 11, departure at 1.25 pm, operated by Amare Turismo Náutico
- Thursday 11, departure at 5 pm
- Friday 12, departure at 1.55 pm, operated by Amare Turismo Náutico
- Thursday 18, departure at 11 am
- Thursday 25, departure at 5 pm
- Thursday 1, departure at 11 am
The trip, which lasts around an hour and a half, will take you through impressive scenery featuring a unique nature site: departing from Pontecesures’ river port, passing along the river meanders at Valga and the Ulla Estuary in Catoira as far as the mouth of the Ría de Arousa, and ending at Vilanova de Arousa’s ferry terminal. During the trip, you will discover 12 of the 17 stone crosses making up the world’s only sea-river Way of the Cross, enabling you to experience the itinerary that was used to take the Apostle’s remains to Compostela.
Do you feel like spending a different Thursday in our region? Take advantage of this possibility and visit Mar de Santiago this summer!